CUP UNIVERSITY MISSION
I. THE MISSION
The Mission of Christ’s University in Pacific is to provide an Academically Challenging Education, Christ-Centred Education, and Advanced-Quality Tertiary Education Programme in the arts, aviation, businesses, computer, education, sciences, and theology to students from diverse traditions and low socio-economic backgrounds, which will equip them to lead and labour as scholar-servants in a changing world.
II. STATEMENT OF FAITH
Christ’s University in Pacific holds to the following truths:
- We believe in the Triune God, eternal in three persons, Father, Son and Holy Spirit One God, the only living and true God, the Creator of Heaven and Earth. (Genesis 1:1, Matthew 28:19, John 10:30).
- We believe in the deity of Jesus Christ (John 10:13), the only begotten Son of the Father(John 3.16); that He conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of a virgin (Isaiah7:14, Matthew 1:23, Luke 1:35) crucified, died and was buried, was resurrected from the dead and ascended into Heaven; that He is presently at the right hand of God the Father as Prophet, Priest and King and will personally return to earth in power and glory to judge the living and the dead (Acts 1:11, Revelation 19:11).
- We believe that the Holy Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments as originally given are the inspired and infallible record of the Revelation of God to man, and are the supreme authority in all matters of life and faith. We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative, inerrant Word of God (2 Timothy 3:16, 2 Peter 1; 21).
- We believe in the sovereignty of God in creation, providence and redemption.
- We believe God's acts of creation, and not evolution, are responsible for the origin of all things, and that creation according to the Biblical record is an historical event.
- We believe in the providence of God whereby He upholds the universe, governs the world, supplies the needs of His creatures and brings His will to pass.
- We believe that man was created in the image and likeness of God to have dominion over the Earth and to do all things to the glory of God.
- We believe in man's universal fall into sin through Adam's transgression and in his subsequent guilt, depravity, judgment and condemnation.
- We believe in the free offer of salvation to all men and the necessity of faith in the Lord Jesus Christ to be saved.
- We believe that to those who believe, God imputes righteousness not on account of their faith or good works, but because of God's grace (Ephesians 2:8-9).
- We believe in the necessity of the work of the Holy Spirit to apply the benefits of Christ's redemption to individual sinners, working in them at times for regeneration, faith, repentance, sanctification, and to bring glory to God.
- We believe the Holy Spirit's indwelling of the believer begins at regeneration and enables the believer to continuously die unto and be forgiven for sin and to live a godly life unto righteousness (Romans 8:9, 1 Corinthians 3:16,1 Corinthians 6:19-20, Ephesians 4:30, Ephesians 5:18).
- We believe in one Holy, universal Church, the Body of Christ, to which all God's redeemed people belong and in which they are united through the Spirit (Romans 8:9,1 Corinthians 12:12-13, Galatians 3:26-28).
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost – those that are saved, unto the resurrection of eternal life in heaven, and those that are lost, to the resurrection of condemnation (John 5: 28-29).